Hi! I am Nan Zhang, a Ph.D student of System Security Lab at Indiana University, Bloomington. I am delighted to work with my advisor Dr. XiaoFeng Wang and my colleagues in the lab. My research interests are system security and mobile security including finding vulnerabilities and designing defenses techniques on Android, iOS and IoT systems.
- Xiaolong Bai, Luyi Xing, Nan Zhang, XiaoFeng Wang, Xiaojing Liao, Tongxin Li, Shi-Min Hu, "Apple ZeroConf Holes: How Hackers Can Steal iPhone Photos", To appear in IEEE Security and Privacy Magazine, 2017.
- Nan Zhang,"Dangerous Hare: Hanging Attribute References Hazards Due to Vendor Customization", In Blackhat USA, 2016. [Link]
- Xiaolong Bai, Luyi Xing, Nan Zhang, XiaoFeng Wang, Xiaojing Liao, Tongxin Li, Shi-Min Hu, "Staying Secure and Unprepared: Understanding and Mitigating the Security Risks of Apple ZeroConf", In Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (S&P 16), 2016. [PDF][Demo][Media Coverage: Forbes]
- Nan Zhang, Yousra Aafer, Zhongwen Zhang, Xiao Zhang, Kai Chen, XiaoFeng Wang, Xiaoyong Zhou, Wenliang Du, Michael Grace, “Hare Hunting in the Wild Android: A Study on the Threat of Hanging Attribute References”, In Proceedings of the 22nd ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS '15), 2015. [PDF][Demo]
- Kai Chen, Peng Wang, Yeonjoon Lee, XiaoFeng Wang, Nan Zhang, Heqing Huang, Wei Zou, Peng Liu, “Finding Unknown Malice in 10 Seconds: Mass Vetting for New Threats at the Google-Play Scale”, In Proceedings of 24th USENIX Security Symposium (USENIX '15), 2015. [PDF][Demo]
- Nan Zhang, Kan Yuan, Muhammad Naveed, Xiaoyong Zhou, XiaoFeng Wang, “Leave Me Alone: App-level Protection Against Runtime Information Gathering on Android”, In Proceedings of the 36th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (S&P '15), 2015. [PDF][Demo][Media Coverage: ComputerWorld]
- Xiaoyong Zhou, Yeonjoon Lee, Nan Zhang, Muhammad Naveed, XiaoFeng Wang, “The Peril of Fragmentation: Security Hazards in Android Device Driver Customizations”, In Proceedings of the 35th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (S&P '14), 2014. [PDF] [Demo][Media Coverage: The Register] CSAW best paper award in applied cyber security research, 2014 (3/80)
- Yu Yao, Nan Zhang, Wenlong Xiang, Ge Yu, Fuxiang Gao, “Modeling and Analysis of Bifurcation in a Delayed Worm Propagation Model”, In Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2013, Article ID 927369, 11 pages, 2013 . [Link]
- Yu Yao, Nan Zhang, Fu-Xiang Gao, Ge Yu, “Bifurcation in a delayed worm propagation model with birth and death rates”, In Systems and Informatics (ICSAI), 2012 International Conference on, pp. 1517-1521, 2012. [Link]